Friday 4 April 2014

Eval- Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies during the process of constructing my opening thriller sequence?

Throughout the making of my opening thriller sequence I learnt about various editing softwares such as Final cut pro, adobe after effects, iMovie and Adobe Premier. I also gained further understanding of filming equipment such as SLR cameras, lighting and mobile devices.

Final cut is absolutely vile and Premier pro is so much better! Don't listen to Barton.

After spending over 12 hours in school trying to edit my footage I decided to download a trial of Adobe Premier Pro which was recommended by a friend. What would of taken a week on FCP, took 2 days to edit with APP. Using this software I was able to achieve editing effects such as motion tracking and masking text behind moving objects within my footage. Although iMovie played a minimal part in the editing of my film it did allow me to cut up the most important parts of my filming and arrange them accordingly.











These two images show the main equiptment that I used to film my opening sequence. I was unable to use the proper camera's because they were given to another member of my group at the time. So I improvised and used a borrowed digital single lens reflex camera as well as my iPhone.









No comments:

Post a Comment